VISION. STRATEGY. IMPACT.
Juhu Thukral is a social justice lawyer and founder of social impact ventures focused on rights and opportunity for women and girls, LGBTQ+ people, and Black/Brown/Asian/immigrant communities.
She is a policy, communications, and advocacy expert who bridges across sectors and engages new audiences to drive social impact and create enduring change.
Juhu is Founder and Principal of Apsara Projects LLC, a social impact consultancy that guides and advises clients on strategic direction; builds cross-sector programs and partnerships; designs brand strategy for social justice values; and evaluates outcomes to create meaningful impact.
Juhu has been a founder and on executive leadership teams for social impact organizations with both domestic and global focus, including: The Opportunity Agenda; Narrative Initiative; Sex Workers Project at the Urban Justice Center; NY Anti-Trafficking Network; and the NYC Women’s Salon. She began her career at NARAL Pro-Choice Texas and with legal Fellowships at Equal Rights Advocates and the Center for Reproductive Rights.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- 21 Leaders for the 21st Century/Women’s eNews
- Re:Gender Trailblazer
- NAPAWF Everyday Shero
- Elaine Osborne Jacobson Award for Women in Healthcare Law
- Inaugural Speaker for the Anita Hill Lecture Series
- Lead successful cross-sector advocacy campaigns on law and policy change for gender equity, racial justice, and social justice issues
- Envision and advance new solutions, laws, and policies that are replicated as national models
- Change public opinion, deeply-rooted cultural mindsets, and support for policy change on gender equity, racial justice, and social justice
- Teach thousands of social justice leaders how to talk about gender equity, racial justice, and social justice in a persuasive and inspiring way
- Create thriving and successful social impact ventures that have made enduring change that can be measured and leveraged by other advocates and leaders
A social impact consultancy that guides and advises clients on strategic direction; builds cross-sector programs and partnerships; designs brand strategy for social justice values; and evaluates outcomes to create meaningful impact.